MAKE A BUGS HOUSE WHILE CAMPING!4/23/2018
A good way for kids to have some fun while camping and experience nature is to make an insect terrarium with a big piece of Tupperware or a large glass jar.
Here’s how to do it.
- Get a big container, like a large piece of Tupperware or a big glass jar.
- Throw some dirt in the bottom of it.
- Dig up some worms and put them in the Tupperware or glass jar.
- Go on a the hunt for some bugs. Step off the tracks and turn over the layer of leaves on the ground to the soft, half-rotted layer underneath. Sift through and you will find a lot of bugs.
- Make the Bugs house comfortable. Add some sticks, leaves, grass and couple of stones for the bugs to crawl under.
- Give the bugs some food to eat such as, little piece's of fruit, and a even some water.
- Keep the Bugs house out of the sun in the shade and keep the dirt moist.
- Take care of the your bugs and be sure to set them free at the end of your camping trip.