Grilled glazed beef & vegetable kebabs4/23/2018
Camping food ideas for kids can be tough at times. But here is a great way to make a delicious and healthy camping meal that the kids will love. Ingredients
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lb. strip loin steak, fat trimmed and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1 small capsicum, cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut about ¾ in. thick
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic and sesame oil in a sealable plastic bag or bowl.
- Add strip loin and toss to coat.
- Toss capsicum, zucchini and red onion with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Alternate beef and vegetables on skewers. Heat grill to medium-high.
- Grill for 8 to 10 min, turning, or until meat is at desired degree of doneness.
Capsicum and zucchini work well in this recipe because they cook at the same rate as the meat, but customize your kids’ kebabs with the veggies they like best.
There you have a simple, healthy and delicious meal for the kids.